Life, House, Home, Family, Thriftiness, and other stuff...

Sunday, August 21, 2011

These Is My Words

An inspiring read.

"These is my Words: The Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine, 1889-1901" by Nancy Turner.

What a lovely book.

These is My Words: The Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine, 1881-1901 [Book]

One that had me feeling so lazy and pampered as I lounged around reading about all her hard work, suffering and endurance! She's working all day in the sun, hard labor, pregnant. I'm reading this thing for hours in my air conditioned house, ordering pizza for dinner because I've been too busy reading to make anything. The dichotomy is shameful!

Sarah Agnes Prine is my new hero.

And the story's good too. There's adventure, romance, tragedy, spirituality, history and a whole lotta other good stuff. How's that for writin'?

I was crying by page 19. A little teary even before that. No, you won't ball through the whole thing. Yes, there are some really sad parts. But they are nestled among a wonderful, adventurous, heartfelt story of a woman pioneer whose strength carries her through some pretty difficult things. (Pretty difficult things?)

Okay, so clearly I am a lousy book reviewer.

All I can say is, this book is very worth reading. It can change your attitude, your life. I'm better for having read it.

At least I hope I am.

I think I'll read the two sequels, though I'm not sure how much more harsh pioneering I can handle (reading). I have a very delicate constitution, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment