Life, House, Home, Family, Thriftiness, and other stuff...

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten



My oldest son took this picture.
Pretty artsy, I think.
I should encourage photography.
I'm so glad Justin thought of getting the camera out for this. I love that he captured the moment. (I know...back in the old days they could tie their shoe before they entered kindergarten. Get over it. )
We are getting ready for school.
The first day of School!
The first day of Kindergarten!

As usual I remembered a little homework assignment he'd received at his assessment meeting, just before it was time to leave.

So we quickly filled it out.


It was all about how he got his name.

Owen means, "Young Warrior born of Nobility"

Owen: "I'm a warrior?"
Me: "I'm Nobility?"

Picture before loading into the car...


"Smile this time!"

Shot of The backpack!


I called him from the store when I got this.
"Do you want superheros, Phineas and Ferb, Mario Kart, or Toy Story?"
"Toy Story."
"Toy Story? Ooorrr Superheros, Phineas and Ferb or Mario Kart?"
"Mario Kart."
"Mario Kart? Phineas and Ferb...."
You get the idea.
Finally I asked, "Do you just want me to bring you back to the store so you can see them?"
"No, You just pick."


Such a boy!
A girl would never say that.
Dad would have asked the question once,
taken the first answer and it would have been over a lot more quickly.

And so I told him the Mario Kart one was cool cuz it had checkered sides.
And THAT'S how we got the Mario Kart one.
Plus, I thought it had just the right amount of cool.
Not too juvenille.
The Dora and Winnie the Pooh ones should be strictly for Preschool.
Notice I didn't even list those as options.
Oh, they were there at the store...

Mario is cool for all ages.

"Let me take your picture"
"We already did!"
"Yeah, but now we're at the school. We gotta have one at the school."

"One more. Open your eyes this time!"

"Come On Mom!"


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. He must have really ready to go to school. Usually he's happy to have his picture taken. Can't believe you are now childless for three hours a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ivy, he's so cute! And you look fantastic too! Beth starts Kindergarten next year and I already am worried about how hard it will be for me to send her everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! So many times have I been through the "but I want another one in front of the school" photos and they always make a face. Congrats to your little guy for starting kindergarten. They grow up so fast don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got pregnant with Ethan right about the time Leah started Kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete