Life, House, Home, Family, Thriftiness, and other stuff...

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Fox Quilt for William

I was invited to a baby shower for Sara and soon to be born William.
This fabric was cute enough on it's own. I didn't want to detract from it. 
I wanted it fully featured. 
I love the sweater vest!

I didn't do a lot of quilting.

I just randomly quilted shapes among and around the foxes, sort of like "tying" a quilt. 

I used black ric rac around the edge which really made a cute outline to the middle square.
And then didn't have quite enough polka-dot fabric for the back....
I'm always running out because I am not very precise in my math and measurements for how much fabric I'll need. 
So I added this little strip of the foxes in the off-center of the back.

The hounds-tooth binding pulled together that hipster look. 
Turned out cute! And so easy! (Sometimes it's all about the fabric you found.)

And my favorite thing:
She uses it.

Look at William's bow tie! Dressed to match?
(I hope she doesn't mind that I posted her picture. It's just too cute!)

No comments:

Post a Comment