Life, House, Home, Family, Thriftiness, and other stuff...

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Halloween 2011

Here we have
Lego Indiana Jones
and
Lego Captain America!

We didn't do the lego head because I don't like covering the kids faces. 

I think they'd have been more identifiable as LEGO characters if we had...
but oh, well. 
They were very happy with their costumes.

It was Daniel's idea. 
He did the costume construction. We both did the painting.



This is the lovely Pirate Gypsy girl. 


And then we have...the hairy guy and Jebediah Bosiefus! (That's Ian's made up person name. I hope he doesn't name one of his kids that!)



Owen got to dress up for school too! He was supposed to dress as a character from a book. 
We thought about having him be Calvin and Hobbs (but that didn't prove to be a very fun costume). 
Finally we chose Hogula, Dread Pig of the Night!



Have you heard of this book? 
Hogula: Dread Pig of Night
It's really funny. Hogula is a vampire pig who has no friends. He get's a friend in the end: Elvis Ann. She kisses people......you have to read it, I guess.

My kids are sort of "into" pigs lately. I think it has to do with Angry Birds. They love the pigs.
 So being a pig vampire for Halloween was fun for Owen. :) 

I did prep him before we got there. 
"If the kids laugh at you, that's GOOD because your costume is supposed to be FUNNY!" 
He got it. And they did laugh and my Super Sensitive Owen did not cry. 
PHEW!



I used to think Halloween was kind of dumb. But having kids who LOVE it... well?

What a fun day!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Our family was all split up for Halloween this year, which was weird. I had the girls and I completely forgot to take any pictures. I win Lame Mom of the Year Award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lame Mother Erin! (former comment) Ivy, you are amazing! Dad and I just laughed about the pig costume and what you wrote!

    ReplyDelete